Good News-Starting on May 11, 2020, the Roanoke Public Library….
- Will be offering to allow the public inside to use Library’s computers for work, job hunt, obtaining social services or school assignments by appointment only (call 260-672-2989). Precautions will be taken such as
- covering the keyboard with plastic seal, changed after each visitor
- enclosing the mice in plastic bags, changed after each visitor
- spacing appointments out so no contact with other visitors
- staff wearing masks and possibly gloves
- requesting visitors wear masks
- cleaning/sanitizing after each visitor
- Will be offering to fax and/or print your documents sent to director’s email (email@example.com) that can be picked up at library by appointment.
- Or you can call (260-672-2989) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with other requests as we will plan to be here regular library hours.
- Dropbox will be opened but nothing is due till June 30th or after.
Remember there are eBooks, eAudio and other resources available through the library’s website, www.roanoke.lib.in.us.
If you wish to take advantage of these services, but don’t have a Roanoke Public Library card, contact the library by email or phone to set up an appointment to get one.
Please check our website (www.roanoke.lib.in.us ), social media and door signs for any further updates as the situation changes rapidly.
The Roanoke Public Library Board of Trustees will meet at their regular meeting date and time of April 28 at 7 pm, but the meeting will be using the Zoom meeting platform.
As per the Open Door law, this meeting is open to the public. The meeting is accessible through Zoom.us. Meeting ID: 290-458-2188. (Meeting entrance will require a password-available with the invitation.) Password is L1bR@r7.
Please email Celia Bandelier at email@example.com if you have questions or concerns for the Board or would like an invitation to this meeting.
NOTE: no library cards will expire until June 30.
NOTE: no items are due until June 30th (at this time, may be extended more.)
NOTE: We request you do not return items in dropbox.
NOTE: NO Late fees will be assessed until 2 weeks after re-opening
NOTE: There are free books and magazines on the porch in front of the Library. We ask that you please keep all the books you don’t want in the box so that others may benefit also!
The Roanoke Public Library will be closed from Thursday, March 19 through at least Tuesday, April 28th. The situation will be re-evaluated at that time. All programs during this period will be cancelled.
Further updates will be available on our website- www.roanoke.lib.in.us . There are also notices and resources on that site.
Board of Trustees