- Please sign in with the library staff before going to the computers. Computers are open for use on a first come, first served basis.
- Children below the age of eight (8) years should be accompanied by an adult or guardian when using the computers. Minors between eight (8) and seventeen (17) years of age, must have the parental consent form on file with RPL.
- Library computers are primarily for research, business and study purposes.
- During open time periods, is someone is waiting to use a computer, the current user must complete his/her work within 30 minutes (including printing time).
- There is a maximum printout limit of 20 pages if people are waiting to use the printer or computer.
- The computer’s hard disk drives are for the storage of library software and information. Please do not save your files there.
- Anyone found to be abusing library computers in any way, or entering files which say “Stay Out,” etc. will forfeit further library computer use. This includes erasing any RPL stored data or programming on the hard disks, or illegally copying copyrighted software from library computers. Use of profanity will result in the same treatment.
- You are responsible for any damage occurring to library hardware or software due to inappropriate actions or inactions while using the computers. Fees will be assessed and charged to the patron for required repairs or replacement.
- The library is not responsible for damage to your software, data, or hardware due to library use.
- RPL computers are not to be used to create, transmit, print, or otherwise distribute: pornographic, obscene, or sexually explicit materials, or racist, sexist, or homophobic materials.
RPL thanks the Fulton County Public Library of Rochester, IN and the Indianapolis Marion County Public Library for allowing us to adapt their Acceptable Use Standards for Internet and Computer Policy.
The Roanoke Public Library reserves the right to modify this policy at any time. Adopted 9/9/99 by the RPL Board of Trustees.