Try Some Fun Ways to Practice Your Reading Skills …
- Funbrain: Word Games – funbrain.com/
Find games for elementary age children to practice spelling, vocabulary and more.
- PBS Kids : Literacy Games – pbskids.org/games/literacy.html
Choose from a variety of games that practice literacy skills ranging from letter recognition to rhyming.
- Professor Garfield – professorgarfield.org/pgf_home.html
Jump into the Reading Ring, or visit the Comics Lab – just two of the fun activities to try at this site.
- Storybird – storybird.com/
Try creating your own story at this site where you can choose pictures and write your own words to tell a story. Or, read a story someone else has created.
- Storyline Online – storylineonline.net/
Watch and listen to stories read by actors. See if you can answer questions about the stories at the end.
- Wacky Web Tales – eduplace.com/tales/
Fill in the blanks with words that fit the suggested parts of speech and see what kind of silly story results!
- Word Central Games – wordcentral.com/games.html
Spelling and vocabulary games for children from the Merriam-Webster Dictionary.