Providing access to knowledge and information to inform, educate, entertain and serve.
NOTICE: We are quarantining all returned items for at least 3 days so if you receive a late notice, do not be concerned as it will be taken care of when your items are actually checked in-with the check-in date being back-dated to your actual return date. We will attempt to contact you, if we notice that the items are not returned in time and may incur fines.
STAGE 5 – JULY 6
Good News-Changes have been made as we go into Stage 5
Our hours change to…
9:30 am to 6:30 pm Monday-Thursday 9:30 am to 12:30 pm on Saturday
as we will be cleaning and preparing the library for a half hour before we open and for a half hour after we close
- Children ages 8 to 16 can enter without a parent as long as they are willing to obey our restrictions, if not they will be asked to leave the Library.
- Masks are recommended for visitors, but wearing one won’t be stressed by staff. The staff will for the most part still wear a mask for your safety.
- Computer time limits will be loosened unless there are people waiting.
- Limitations on people entering the library will be eliminated unless the staff feels that too many people are entering and the situation is getting threatening.
- You will be able to enter and leave the Library by either door, either from the front steps or through the back from the parking lot.
- Services will be performed without an appointment.
Things that won’t change
- We request strongly that if you are sick to please not enter the building instead call the Library at 260-672-2989 and we will make other arrangements to serve you.
- Seating will be very limited
- Toys in children’s area will be very limited
- Public computers will be separated by plastic partitions, please be careful of them
- No group programming; public meetings allowed with social distancing
- No loaning of items as in pens, pencils, staplers, etc.
- There will be a sneeze guard present at the check-out desk
- There will be no loaning of headphones
- All copying will be done for you
- All printed pages will be handed to you
- We request that you only touch materials you are checking out. Please do not re-shelve DVDs. There will be a cart to put DVDs that aren’t wanted after pulled from the shelf.
- We request you stay the recommended 6 feet apart from others.
- Mrs. Baker will do some children’s programming by appointment-call 260-672-2989.
- If you still don’t feel comfortable in the library, call the library at 260-672-2989 to make arrangements to fulfill your library needs.
Roanoke Public Library Board of Trustees
To see Library Safeguards, click here.
Will be offering to fax and/or print your documents sent to director’s email (firstname.lastname@example.org) that can be picked up at library by appointment.
Or you can call (260-672-2989) or email (email@example.com) with other requests as we will plan to be here most regular library hours.
Dropbox is open.
Remember there are eBooks, eAudio and other resources available here. If you wish to take advantage of these services, but don’t have a Roanoke Public Library card, contact the library by email or phone to set up an appointment to get one.
Sesame Street Standing Up Against Racism for kids and parents: https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/06/app-news-section/cnn-sesame-street-race-town-hall-app-june-6-2020-app/index.html
List of free books about Coronavirus for kids: https://nycdoe.libguides.com/COVID-19ebooks/free
Here is a great list of resources .
These are different things you can do while you are stuck at home that are educational and fun. You can get them all online. Let me know if you have issues.
For Covid-19 Coronavirus information: https://roanoke.lib.in.us/covid-19-information/
“Roanoke Public Library Renovation: from dirt floors to grand openings”….
ABCmouse.com For Kids Learning
ABCmouse.com: With 5,000+ Interactive books, educational games, puzzles, and other learning activities, ABCmouse.com’s award-winning online curriculum is an invaluable resource for young learners (ages 2-7+) . From Age of Learning, Inc
Basic ESL improves an individual’s listening, speaking, reading and writing skills through a simple to follow, and instructionally proven curriculum. Students learn English quickly and effectively on relevant topics including: family, home, school and many other topics. In each lesson students learn key vocabulary and how to use that vocabulary in conversation. Click on Basic ESL to begin. No computer experience is necessary. At the website, click on “Instant Access” to enter without registering.
ReferenceUSA is the number 1 source of information on businesses and people for small business owners, marketing professionals, researchers and job seekers. ReferenceUSA helps user create marketing plans, conduct competitive analysis, raise funds and locate people.
Let us know what you think about the Library at:
Thank you for your comments 😆
Want to comment on something about the website or the library, click Contact Us
Nunc adeamus bibliothecam, non illam quidem multis instructam libris, sed exquisitis. — Erasmus